An evidence-based introduction
By James Clunie
What is short-selling? And is it as profitable – or as dangerous – as it can seem?
In this highly focused eBook, financial expert and author James Clunie reveals everything you need to know about the art of short-selling without wasting your time.
Cutting to the quick, it lays bare:
– all major short-selling techniques: quantitative, forensic accounting, thematic investing, fair value analysis, balance sheet weakness/financial distress, and exploiting market ecology
– the advantages and disadvantages of each short-selling approach, and their rates of success and failure
– where short-sellers get their information from
– how short-sellers try to practise risk management
and much more!
With a low-growth atmosphere and markets still nervous in the wake of recent financial crises, there has never been a better time to get on top of what it means to be a successful short-seller. Short Selling by James Clunie is the most time and cost-effective way to start getting ahead of other traders and investors now.
About the author
James Clunie is Head of Strategy, Absolute Return at Jupiter Asset Management and manages the Jupiter Absolute Return Fund (Unit Trust) as well as the Jupiter Global Absolute Return fund (SICAV). Before joining Jupiter, James worked at Scottish Widows Investment Partnership as an Investment Director of equities, and managed a long/short equity fund and UK long-only funds. James was a senior lecturer in nance at the University of Edinburgh between 2003 and 2007, prior to which he worked as Head of Global Equities at Aberdeen Asset Management and Director and Head of Asset Allocation at Murray Johnstone International.
1. Common Approaches to Short Selling
- Quantitative Approaches
- Forensic Accounting
- Thematic Investing
- Fair Value Analysis ... and the Identification of Over-priced Securities
- Identifying Balance Sheet Weakness or Financial Distress
- Understanding and Exploiting the Market Ecology
- Just a Little More Theory ...
- Some Evidence
2. Short-Selling in Practice
3. Final Thoughts
New Thinking on Market Volatility
|Formats:||ebook - ISBN 9780857193629
If you’d like to get in touch with the author for interview or comment, or you’d like a review copy of this book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1730 233870.Rights
For information on available rights, please contact email@example.comBulk purchases
We offer discounts for bulk purchases. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.